Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What should I use to clean my hardwood floors?

I sweep my hardwood floors everyday with a broom. But periodically I will use a swifter with some water and vinegar solution VERY lightly on your floor. This post is an answer to a question my customer asked the other day "should I buy a steam cleaner for my new hardwood floors" Please NO. Three things can hurt your hardwood floor 1) waxy build ups-murphys oil soap, orange glo mop and glo please dont use these products 2) Water 3) Heat. If you would like to clean your floor occasionally with something stronger we like the Bona X cleaner it is stronger but doesnt harm your finish or cause a build up. We want people to enjoy their beautiful hardwood floors if you have any questions please do ask them.

No comments:

Post a Comment